Theory on Victor's Origins
Okay, my theory is, Victor was a soldier. He served in US Army and fought in Afghanistan and ended up with PTSD. Something happened to bring him to the attention of the Dollhouse, and he was enticed at the prospect of having all his memories of the war wiped out. Any takers?
- - Gnostic 02:32, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Totally in on the army thing, but I think there's probably a LOT to whatever brought him to the attention of the Dollhouse. The only two doll-origins we've seen so far have been people who learned too much about what the Rossum Corporation is up to. Possibly they've got their fingers in some military pie, and Victor found out about it? --Phantomrhiannon 03:58, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
My guess is, Rossum made the meds he was taking for PTSD, but the corporation failed to disclose some nasty side effects. Vic was going to sue, so they had the Dollhouse approach him and offer him the opportunity to both get legal recompense and at the same time get rid of the memories that caused his PTSD. That would probably seem like the best offer he could ever hope for, so he took it.
- - Gnostic 05:28, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- My personal theory is that a reference to Victor's past is in Needs. As the "rogue" dolls were escaping, remember that soldier who was coming in, talking about having killed people and being scarred with memories he'll never be able to forget? On one level, it's irony because of course we know the doll will be forgetting, and very soon. On another, it might also be ironic in the sense that Victor might well have come face-to-face with the demons that might have driven him to become a doll.
- So far, all the dolls whose pasts have been revealed have either been overtly forced into it against their will, or just coerced strongly. I'd be surprised if at some point we didn't see at least someone who had gone into this willingly. 22.214.171.124 17:27, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Do we really need a spoiler tag? I guess this is more general than Victor, but particularly here, what other than a spoiler would a reader expect to find here? Any bio of a main character on this site will be chock full o' spoilers. 126.96.36.199 17:27, 3 May 2009 (UTC)